The following questions should be asked when deciding where to board your pet:
- Are tours of the facility offered?
- What is the ratio of boarders to staff members? Is there overnight staff?
- Is food and water consumption monitored and documented?
- Is urination and defecation monitored and documented?
- Can my pet eat his or her regular food and keep the same feeding schedule?
- What, if any interaction will my pet have with other animals?
- Is there a veterinarian on staff? What is the protocol in case of a medical emergency?
- What vaccinations are required prior to boarding? What about a fecal test?
- Is the facility temperature controlled?
*Below is a list of some boarding places that have been recommended by our clients. Shawsheen Animal Hospital does not recommend nor endorse any particular one. You are encouraged to do research, call around, and visit facilities prior to making a decision.
Jennifer Clark & Kelly Burns
Jennifer and Kelly are vet assistants here at Shawsheen Animal Hospital. She will provide care for your pets at her home, or she will do home visits at yours. Please call the hospital at 978-851-5558 to speak with her for details.
Best Friends Pet Resort and Salon
394 Middlesex Road
Tyngsboro, MA 01879
Ph: (978) 649-8585
The Dog Nanny
112 Tewksbury St.
Pet Companions Bed and Biscuit
271 Main St.