Shawsheen Animal Hospital places a strong emphasis on client education, both with our services and the information on our website. The following is a list of websites that provide helpful information on a variety of pet topics, including health, training, and pet loss.
- Companion Animal Parasite Council (CAPC): Provides information on parasite control guidelines and other resources
- FDA Resources for Veterinarians: Provides resources for veterinarians on a variety of topics, including science and research
- Pet Place: Provides information for dogs, cats, birds, fish, reptiles, and small mammals as well as access to a free newsletter
- Pets & Parasites: Provides information on ticks, mosquitoes, and other parasites, including articles written by licensed veterinarians, parasite prevalence maps, and expert insights
- Tewksbury Animal Control: Provides dog and cat rescue information as well as a list of animal and pest control websites
- AAHA Lifestyle-Based Vaccine Calculator
- FDA and Grain Free: Provides information on the FDA Center for Veterinary Medicine’s investigation into a possible connection between diet and canine heart disease.
- Heartworm Basics: Provides information on what heartworm is, how it’s transmitted, what are the signs, and more.
- Pet Dental Care: Provides information on dental care for dogs and cats.
- Veterinary Oral Health Council: Provides resources for finding good oral health for your dog or cat.
- Cummings Veterinary Medical Center – Clinical Nutrition Service: The scientific study of pet nutrition by veterinary nutrition specialists and experts.
- Wildlife Rehabilitation: Provides resources to find out what to do if you think a wild animal needs help.
- Tufts Wildlife Clinic: Provides a guide if you have found orphaned, injured, or sick wildlife.
- Newhouse Wildlife Rescue: Provides care to injured or orphaned local wildlife in the area, and provides educational resources on how to coexist with the wild animals that surround us.
- ASPCA Pet Poison Control: Provides a resource for any animal poison-related emergency, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Pet Poison Helpline: Provides a 24/7 Animal Poison Control Center for emergencies.
Emergency Referral Hospitals
- Massachusetts Veterinary Referral Hospital
- Angell Animal Medical Center – Boston
- Foster Hospital for Small Animals
- Westford Veterinary Emergency Referral Center, LLC
- Bulger Veterinary Hospital
- Animal Medical Center of New England
- Blue Pearl Specialty + Emergency Pet Hospital – Waltham
- Blue Pearl Specialty + Emergency Pet Hospital – Charlestown
- MSPCA Angell West Waltham Animal Medical Center
- Veterinary Dental Services, LLC
- Dog Star Daily: Provides news, blogs, and articles about dog behavior and training
- Dog Wise: Provides dog books and products for purchase, book reviews, reading lists, and other resources and information
- Dogster: Provides news stories, contest information, photos, adoption information, and other dog-related resources
- MSPCA Angell: Kindness and Care for Animals: Includes programs and resources related to animal adoption and protection
- Food Puzzles for Cats
Pet Loss & Grieving
- Association for Pet Loss and Bereavement: Provides an extensive list of specialized categories to help pet owners with various end-of-life topics
- Pet Loss Support Hotline: Provides grief from Tufts University Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine
- Final Gift Pet Memorial Center: Provides pet aftercare services to the New England community of grieving pet parents.
- Lap of Love: Provides a network of veterinarians around the country whose goal is to empower every owner to care for their geriatric pets.