Cats have personalities as diverse and interesting as their coat colors, but most of them seem to have one thing in common—a serious aversion to vet visits! This makes it less likely that cats will get the regular wellness and preventive care they need, which is why we have put a lot of effort into becoming a certified Cat-Friendly Practice with the American Association of Feline Practitioners (AAFP).
We are specially trained and implement protocols to help your cat be less stressed and more comfortable at our hospital, including:
- Maintaining a designated cat-only area in the lobby
- Reducing wait times in the lobby
- Having designated cat-only exam rooms designed to make them feel more secure
- Using feline pheromones to help cats feel safe and comfortable
- Gentle handling
- Examining cats in their carriers (with the lid removed) or on their owner’s lap
- Using lower volume and/or combination vaccines
- Special feline behavior and diagnostic training for staff and doctors
- Using feline-specific medical and surgical equipment
Our team members are always happy to educate cat owners in the proper handling of their loved ones to make transporting your pet to see us easier as well—just give us a call at (978) 851-5558!